Bright and refreshing, ground cherry vinaigrette dresses up a fresh green salad beautifully. It’s even better over chilled poached salmon.
Enough for about 4 salads
- ½ cup ground cherries, husks removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk the ground cherries, ginger, vinegar, lemon juice and honey until they are thoroughly blended, about a minute. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified. Stir in the capers. Taste and season to your liking with salt and freshly ground black pepper.