- One small pumpkin, roasted and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8-ounce package of farro
- 4 ounces firm cheese, shaved (Piave Vecchio, Yellow House Cheese’s Styx Mountain or fontina)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 dozen small tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
To roast pumpkin, cut off the top. Slice from top to bottom. Remove seeds, and slice into wedges. Drizzle with oil. Bake at 400° on a parchment-lined baking sheet for a half hour or perhaps a bit longer.
Cook farro according to package instructions. Cool to room temperature. Add spinach as farro cools. Cover with lid to wilt leaves. Once farro reaches room temperature, toss with pumpkin, tomatoes, cheese and the following dressing.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespooon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
Whisk all together and pour over salad, mixing well.