This duck-fat cocktail is on the menu at LBM. Its inspiration? “You can cook ducks on a spit while hunting for food. We wanted [the name] to sound metal and dark,” John says.
- 1¾ ounces duck-fat-washed OYO bourbon
- ¼ ounce Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- ½ ounce pear syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- St. Elizabeth Allspice dram
- Lemon peel
- 1 Luxardo maraschino cherry
Rinse an Old Fashioned glass with St. Elizabeth Allspice liquor. Stir other ingredients with ice in a mixing glass. Pour ingredients over a large ice cube in the rinsed glass. Garnish with expressed lemon peel and the maraschino cherry.