Topped with a bright green crema, these flavorful tostadas have a wonderful crunch and texture. Hot sauce can be added for more punch.
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cups Greek yogurt
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 flour tortillas, 4-inch size
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped and tossed with lemon juice
In a food processor, combine beans, oil, chili powder, cumin, ¾ teaspoon of salt, and cayenne. Pulse to combine, leaving the mixture chunky. Set aside. In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, cilantro, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt. Purée until smooth. Set aside.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Crisp tortillas on both sides, watching carefully.
To assemble, place bean mixture on a tortilla, top with cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado, and drizzle with crema.