Makes one 8-ounce cocktail or four 2-ounce cocktails
- 3 ounces LiDestri’s spiked Bloody Mary mix
- 3 ounces Terrapin Pineapple Express Beer
- 1/2 ounce Honey Baked Ham Jus (recipe below)
- 1/4 ounce Willet Pot Still Reserve Bourbon
- 2–3 large ice cubes
- 1/2 ounce balsamic glaze
- 1 ounce Johnny Kabobs’ Pork Rub, or substitute cilantro salt
- Spicy pickled maraschino cherry (recipe below)
- Spicy pickled green bean (recipe below)
- Grilled pineapple
- Fried ham
Honey Baked Ham Jus
Makes 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon ham boullion (Superior Touch)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a small heavy-bottomed saucepot, whisk all ingredients and cook on high until boiling for one minute. Remove from heat. Use or store in refrigerator.
Spicy Pickled Green Beans and Maraschino Cherries
- 1 jar (13.5 ounces) Bada Bing Maraschino Cherries
- 10 green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar (6% acidity minimum)
- 2 wide strips of orange peel, 2-inch long
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
In a small heavy-bottomed saucepot set over medium-high heat, combine all the brine ingredients and bring to a boil. When the brine is boiling, add green beans and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat, add cherries, and transfer to a sterilized jar. Refrigerate until needed.
Pour bourbon into a tulip or hurricane glass. Swirl to coat the inside of the glass and then discard (or drink) the extra bourbon.
Pour the balsamic glaze and the pork rub into two separate saucers. Turn your glass upside down, dipping it first into the glaze and then into the rub to coat the rim. Add large ice cubes.
Skewer a piece of fried ham, a piece of grilled pineapple, green beans, and a maraschino cherry. Set aside.
In a shaker packed with ice, add LiDestri’s Bloody Mary mix, Terrapin Pineapple Express Beer, and ham jus. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Pour cold cocktail into your prepared glass. Garnish with green beans and cherries and serve.