This simple, elegant salad is a lunch favorite. I will often add a hardboiled egg. For a more assertive cheese flavor, substitute Romano.
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 2 cups mixed herbs and greens, such as parsley, basil, and arugula
Whisk together cheese, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss half with beans and half with herbs and greens. Place a mound of beans on each plate, and top with greens.