Makes 12 muffins
- 4 medium or 3 large very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup plant-based milk (oat, almond, or cashew)
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons date syrup or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed hearts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly oil the muffin tins or line with muffin tin liners.
In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add the ground flaxseed, plant-based milk, oil, date syrup, vanilla extract, and brown sugar to the mashed banana and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the oats, hemp seed hearts, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
Slowly fold dry ingredients into banana mixture until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
Using a small ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into the muffin tins. Bake for 35–40 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top. Place the muffin pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.